pin it

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Only 41 Days til Christmas!!

Can you believe that the holidays are almost here? It is blowing my mind! I have been spinning and knitting and can't seem to get caught up! My Mom always said, the older you get, the quicker the time goes...boy was she right.


I have managed to finish one gift this weekend. I did make a pair, but you can see what they look like better by themselves. These were knit with a beautiful yarn I found at a yarn shop on my trip last week. It was so cool to find a knit shop right on the hwy, in Bandon,
The Wool Company. They even had roving and dyed fleece for sale. So I will be sure to stop there again the next time I visit the coast.

The yarn is Noro Shinano - it is 65% wool and 35% silk. It was on sale for 30% off. It was a really great find! It is softer than the Noro Silk Garden in my opinion. I really like it. I don't usually go for the earthy tones, but this has just a hint of enough other colors to catch my eye. I will also be making a hat to go with these. So only a gajillion more presents to go!

I also joined a stitch marker swap and I got my first package the other day from Elspeth She sent some beautiful markers and some yummy chocolates...it was a very nice treat. ( I will post a photo tomorrow, flickr is acting up)

So the holidays are zooming up on us and so I will continue to knit away and hope I get all my gifts done. Next year I think I'll start in February!!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.....your comment will show up soon,,,