Well.....the new computer is still not here....it is on back order. So I decided to try to update my poor blog anyhow.
I seem to have lucked out an got a wonderful SP7 match! She has been emailing me and sent me a virtual card already. So here is the questionaire!
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? I guess I am a bit. I used to use acrylics all the time until I discovered wool. I still occasionaly use acrylics for stuff for the kids in my life.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I do spin. I have a Babe Fiber starter (my first wheel) and I have a Louet S-10. I also knit, crochet, felt, paint, bead, you name it, I have probably at least tried it, except tatting. I would like to learn to do that. My grandma used to, but I never got a chance to learn from her.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Circs are in a fishing/tackle book. I don't really use straight needles at all, so the few I have are in a canning jar.
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I learned to knit in 4th grade and to crochet around the same time. I picked the knitting back up a few years ago. I would say I am advanced, I have made everything from Hats to sweaters to socks.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I sure do, here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/P16U96331JTW
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Ginger - or citrus with ginger like the orange-ginger line from Bath & Body works.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes! Chocolate with nuts!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Like I said in #2, I do all those and I also needlepoint, crosstitch, mosaics, scrapbook. Just about anything.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like country music. And I can play mp3s. I got an Ipod for christmas!
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Fusica, purple, turquoise. Anything in the hot pink/purple/turquoise family.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? It is me, my hubby, my 85 year old dad. We have 7 cats, 2 dogs. no sheep yet :)
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I do wear hats and mittens and ponchos, not scarves.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Alpaca & Merino or silk blends - but I will use whatever I can get my hands on.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? When petting yarn, I find that I don't care for mohair too much.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Socks, socks, socks
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks or anything for my 3 year old grandaughter Lilee Mae.
17. What are you knitting right now? Socks, a sweater for Lilee, a sweater for Hubby, a vest for Dad, a hat for me.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Oh yes. They are the best type. All that thought and love put into the gift makes it more special.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I am a circular girl all the way, I even do socks on 2 circs
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? addi's first, then bamboo
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I have a ball winder, a skein winder, but no swift yet.
22. How did you learn to knit? In summer school in 4th grade
23. How old is your oldest UFO? about 1 year - really boring but beautiful sweater for hubby
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?Dora the explorer - Turtles ( I have a tatoo of one on my shoulder)
25. What is your favorite holiday? 4th of July - my birthday is the 6th and when I was a kid, I used to pretend the fireworks were for my birthday.
26. Is there anything that you collect? Old glass bottles, turtles
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Spin off - would like interweave knits.
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? The new Big girl knits and the Mason Dixon knitting book
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Tatting
30. Are you a sock knitter? YES What are your foot measurements?
I really prefer short socks. Length - 10" Instep 9 1/2" Ankle 9 1/2" ball of foot 7.5" gusset 7 1/2"
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 7-6-64
Wow, that sure made me think. Well, I will try to keep better updated here and will post some pics soon.