1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Right now my favorite is Socks that Rock by Blue Moon Fibers I like Merino wool the best. But all natural fibers are good.The only think I really don't care for is rough acrylics and mohair, too fuzzy.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Lucky me, my Hubby bought me this from Bass Pro Shops It it so huge, it has two sides, with bags for my needles, dpns on one side and circs on the other, the bags have metal reinforcers and lots of little pockets on the inside cover and it has 2 zippers. I have 90% of my knitting accessories in here and it is great! I don't have too many straights and they are in a jar.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting on and off since I was about 10. I will be 42 this year. I would consider my self between intermediate and advanced. I have knit everything from socks to sweaters, and can fairilse and knit with both hands, but I haven't tried cables yet or lace.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yep. Teresa's Wish List
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Ginger or Lemon (citrus) or a combination of those. Bath & Body Works has a Orange Ginger scent I love
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Dark Chocolate, Gummy Stuff
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do spin, and dye roving, I do have a couple of fleeces waiting to be processed. I crochet, in the last swap I got stuff to learn how to tat. I paint, scrapbook, you name it I have probably done it.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like country music. And I can play mp3s. I got an Ipod for christmas!
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Fusica, purple, turquoise. Anything in the hot pink/purple/turquoise family. I don't care for orange too much.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
It is me, my hubby, my 85 year old dad. We have 7 cats, 2 dogs. no sheep yet :)
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I do wear hats and mittens and ponchos, not scarves.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks or anything for my 3 year old grandaughter Lilee Mae.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks, a sweater for Lilee, a sweater for Hubby.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Oh yes. They are the best type. All that thought and love put into the gift makes it more special
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I am a circular girl all the way, I even do socks on 2 circs
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a ball winder, a skein winder, but no swift yet.
17. How did you learn to knit?
In summer school in 4th grade
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
about 1 1/2 years - really boring but beautiful sweater for hubby
19. What is your favorite holiday?
4th of July - my birthday is the 6th and when I was a kid, I used to pretend the fireworks were for my birthday.
20. Is there anything that you collect?
Old glass bottles, turtles
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
a subscription to Wild Fibers or Interweave Knits What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Spin Off
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Lace knitting, cables
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yep. My foot it 10" long
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)