pin it

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Invasion of the Dish Rags

I have mentioned before how much I love the Mason-Dixon knitting book and blog and here is the proof! I am trying to reduce my stash.....ha ha ha. Or at least use some of it while I await a fresh influx of money to spend on more yarn! I have one whole large clear plastic container of cotton yarn! The color are soooo pretty! So I spent my 3 day weekend sorting my stash and knitting. I did get a couple of object finished, but these are the only pics I remembered to take this morning!

Dish Rag (cloth) No. 1 - note that there is not much contrast, yet it is still interesting and smushy! These are incredibly thick and smushy! I think they would be even better in the bathroom than in the Kitchen!
Dish Cloth, they are too good be be called rags! No. 2 - I started out with the pink and yellow and orange, but there just wasn't' enough contrast! So I switched to the blue yellow combo and I really like it. It is going to be tough to give these away a s gifts! I just want to hoard them all to my self!Then I got really brave! This cloth starts from the outside and you do bobbles! I was a bobble virgin, but no more! Once you get past the bobbles and and the dreaded yarn overs, and the first couple of rows, it is a breeze and it is really even prettier in person. In the book they have threaded ribbon through the yarn overs and they wrap up a bar of soap and tie it with the ribbon! What a great idea! but again....I have to actually be able to part with the wash cloths and the handmade soap!

I am getting ready to have my own Real Estate website. www.homesforsaleinklamathfalls.com, my TeresaMetts.com will also point there. So...I may be a little slow on keeping up my blog, but I am doing much better! I am only going days with out updating, not months!

I also hope to soon have stuff up on my Etsy site....now if I could just find a few more hours in the day....

1 comment:

  1. Great dishrags. I really like the colors of the first one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.....your comment will show up soon,,,