pin it

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

At long last....Proof that I knit!

Well... I finally found the digital camera and I have some photos of current projects to share.

This is a Christmas gift, but I can't say for whom. It is a blanket, It is made from all my handspun from the beginning. Most I have dyed, some just spun. The fishes came from here http://knittingarrows.blogspot.com
but unfortunately she has taken her version down. Originally it came from Knitters Magazine, Issue 51 (summer 1998) and created by Paula Levy.

Anyway my intention is for the fish to look like they are swimming in the waves. It is kinda abstract, but it will fit the person that will be receiving it.


These very cute slippers are another gift. I just used my standard sock pattern, except I used size 10.5 needles and then felted. I also added the novelty yarn to the cuff and then just the top of the slipper. I knitted it in with the base yarn at the top of the foot and then cut it at the end of each row and joined it again when I got to that point (used dpns to make it easier to tell where to join the yarn again). After felting I cut off the ends and voila! They base yarn is Cascade 220 wool yarn, just a single strand. So you can get an average pair of slippers from one hank of Cascade.


This is a pair of slippers I made for me with my handspun/dyed yarn. They came out pretty cool too, I think. They are nice and warm without being too heavy like some felted slippers.


And last, but in no way least is some orange yarn I spun up and dyed with wiltons dye. the picture really doesn't do it justice. I will try to take a better picture tomorrow in the sunlight.

So there you have it...proof that I do knit and spin and dye my yarn. This is the most fun I have had with a hobby EVER and trust me I have had MANY!! lol

I hope everyone is having a good week! See ya.

2 comments:

  1. I love the blanket! The fish are too cute! The slippers look warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:09 PM

    I luv, luv, luv that orange handspun-homedyed! Gorgeous! And just in time for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.....your comment will show up soon,,,