pin it

Friday, June 22, 2012

Featured Friday - An Astrid Endeavor

I would like you to meet Astrid R. and her Etsy shop:  AnAstridEndeavor.


If you love jewelry inspired by places from around the world, Then you will love the items at AnAstridEndeavor.

For my readers, Astrid is offering the following discount on her Etsy shop:
10% off orders please use code: BLOGLOVE10 in the coupon area at check out.

Let's get to know AnAstridEndeavor and Astrid:

What would you like us to know about you?
I'm so happy to be on this blog, and so thankful for the opportunity. It's amazing to have such a wonderful, supportive community of crafters and creators. That's been one of the greatest gifts Etsy has given me. I just love it!

As for me, I'm a full time mom, wife and employee at a hospital where I work with children providing them with psycho-social-developmental support for their illness or disease. I am also working towards my Marriage and Family Therapy license. So, I am a busy bee, but that's okay - that's how I like it. I am passionate about life, people, creativity and all the beautiful and interesting things this world has to offer.

Coming from a family of creators, I've been making things for as long as I can remember. I get this from my mom, grandma and aunties- all of whom are crafters and artists themselves.

What prompted you to open an Etsy Shop?
I've been participating in craft fairs and sales for many years, but since having a family it's been really hard to set aside time to make up a large inventory. Etsy is perfect for me, in that I can create items here and there when I have the time, which is usually at night when my little one is sleeping!

How did you come up with your shop name?
An Astrid Endeavor seemed like the perfect name since I'm always embarking on a different project or art medium. Jewelry is always the constant, but I didn't want my name to somehow "trap" me into just one art form. I've worked with clay, glass, weaving, paper, paint, fabric, wood- you name it!

How would you describe your shop?
Right now i am really into bright colors and shapes. I love making interesting jewelry- my inner anthropologist comes out as I have always been attracted to the history of jewelry and ornamentation across the globe and throughout the years.
What inspires you?
People and the natural world- jeez- everything! I just got hooked on Pinterest and it's been so addicting- the images are like candy for my eyes! I am have also been so inspired by so much beauty being created on Etsy, in my community, and across the world that I've been able to experience in person and right on the web!

Which item in your shop is your favorite to make/find?
I have to say, I really love the brooches that I have been making, both the embroidered ones and the beaded ones.

 You can wear a brooch anywhere- it's another place to wear jewelry and it's not limited to one body part!

If you were shipwrecked on a desert island, what are the 3 crafty must haves?
-Well, I would have to have a good sturdy needle (I'll figure out how to make thread out of coconut or something!!)

-my hot pink duct tape, which I use all the time at home, and I imagine would be very helpful for crafting and constructing useful things like a raft and shelter on a desert island!

-Matches. Now, I know what your are going to say, yes, the matches would be good for fire, BUT- imagine all the charcoal one could use for hours of unending sketching on rocks!!

Where else can we find you?
www.facebook.com/AnAstridEndeavor
pinterest.com/AstridEndeavor/

Is there anything else you would like to share?
Just unending gratitude and thanks for your interest!


Thanks so much Astrid .  It has been great getting to know you and discovering your shop and your lovely items.

Now please show Astrid some support and let us know which of her pieces are your favorite from her shop! Oh...and go ahead and heart a few of her items along with her shop :)

Have a great weekend!





knitting yarns

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the lovely feature!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her unique designs and the fun colors she uses :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.....your comment will show up soon,,,