pin it

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

A New Angel

I know that I don't usually share really really personal stuff, not lately anyway, but we had some news today and I feel like I need to write about.  Writing about things always seems to make it better.

They Flew from Florida to come to our Wedding  
My Mother-in-law, Lori Metts, passed away suddenly yesterday.  I am very sad about her being gone, but I am mostly concerned about my Father-in-law, Terry.  He and Lori have been inseparable for as long as I have known them.  They remind me of Michael & myself, because they were such good friends as well as husband and wife.  When you were around them, you could see how much they loved each other.  So I am worried about him, what will he do without his best friend?  I am grateful that he has Lori's family near him to comfort him.

Love















Lori was young, just 55, it was way way to early for her to be gone, and I find it so hard to believe that such a bright light has gone out.  We lived in Florida, near them, for 5 years.  Lori was the person who had my wedding shower for me, she made me feel like part of the family and was always so generous.  Even after we moved back to Oregon, she always sent birthday cards, anniversary cards, and something at Christmas.  I always knew that she loved and cared for us.

At our Wedding
 I just wanted to share some happy thoughts of Lori.  This is my way of honoring and remembering her.  She was a lovely person and touch many many peoples hearts and lives.  She will always be with us as long as she is in our hearts.

Happy and smiling is how I will remember you.


5 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry for your family lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. She sounds like a wonderful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss! She sounds like a wonderful woman and your post about her is very honoring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:28 AM

    What a very sad thing! I'll keep your family in my thoughts:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your loss, my thoughts go out to you and your family <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.....your comment will show up soon,,,