pin it

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Talented Tuesday - Tres Sun Designs

I would like you to meet Lauren Gleason and her Etsy shop:  tresundesigns .


If you are looking for handmade vintage inspired jewelry, upcycled jewelry and classic jewelry. Then you will love the items at tresundesigns .
 
Let's get to know tresundesigns and Lauren:

What would you like us to know about you?
My name is Lauren Gleason and I live in a suburb of Chicago with my husband and 3 children. I’m a stay-at-home mom raising 3 boys so my days are consumed with carpooling, motherly duties and of course creating jewelry and maintaining my Etsy shop. I have always been a creative soul. If I wasn’t creating houses and cities for my miniature stuffed Koala Bears I was creating friendship bracelets and pins for friends. I love music, dramatic arts, vintage items and of course jewelry designing.

                                                                                      What prompted you to open an Etsy Shop?
I had always loved purchasing and wearing jewelry. Even as a young child I use to spend hours playing dress up with my Grandmother’s costume jewelry. After the birth of my third child I was looking for a creative outlet. I attended a beading party and created my first necklace and loved the creative process. This prompted me to take a number of jewelry making classes and I started creating jewelry for family and friends. I then started to sell my designs at few local boutiques and creating an Etsy shop was just another avenue in which to sell my designs.



How did you come up with your shop name?
I wanted to create a shop name that would somehow incorporate my love for my children so that is how Tre Sun Designs was developed. “Tre” in Italian means 3 and in my Etsy shop banner and on my business cards I have 3 suns, each sun representing one of my sons.

How would you describe your shop?
My Etsy shop offers vintage inspired, upcycled jewelry and gemstone designs. I have many different types of jewelry including earrings, necklaces, bracelets and rings but all of my designs have a vintage vibe. My jewelry is made from high quality natural brass which is nickel and lead free and sterling silver (unless I am upcycling vintage materials in a design).

                                                                                        What inspires you?
My inspiration for my jewelry designs comes from the beads and stones I purchase and the vintage pieces that I find. I love creating new jewelry designs from vintage finds!

Which item in your shop is your favorite to make/find?
One of my favorite types of jewelry to design is necklaces using vintage pieces such as vintage clip on earrings or antique buttons. I incorporate these pieces into pendants reusing vintage furniture hardware or vintage keyholes as settings. 
 


If you were shipwrecked on a desert island, what are the 3 crafty must haves?
Jewelry tools, a magnifying glass and lots and lots of beads, buttons and broken or discarded jewelry.

Where else can we find you?
Etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/tresundesigns
Pinterest: pinterest.com/tresundesigns/

Is there anything else you would like to share? 
I love custom design requests. I do offer some of my designs in different colors, for instance my pearl jewelry can usually be created with different color pearls and I can create multiples. My goal for my Etsy site is to have close to 100 items in the next few months so check back often!


Thanks so much Lauren.  It has been great getting to know you and discovering your shop and your lovely items.

Now please show Lauren some support and let us know which of her pieces are your favorite from her shop! Oh...and go ahead and heart a few of her items along with her shop :)

Have a great week!





knitting yarns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.....your comment will show up soon,,,