pin it

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Talented Tuesday - vw53

I would like you to meet Vicky Willame and her Etsy shop:  vw53.


If you are looking for handmade doll clothes for 18 inch dolls, including American Girl. aprons, bingo bags, children's clothing, home dec items, wall hangings, place mats, tote bags and more. Then you will love the items at vw53. Vicky also welcomes custom orders
 
Let's get to know vw53 and Vicky:

What would you like us to know about you?
I love to sew. I have made doll clothes, children's clothes, my own clothes and clothes for friends. I do hemming, patching and alterations for friends. I have made curtains for myself and others, pillow shams, reusable bags and more. I have also made some mother-daughter items. I also love to crochet and will be adding some of my crocheted items to my store soon.

What prompted you to open an Etsy Shop?
I decided to open up a shop on Etsy, because of my love for sewing, I just kept sewing and before I realized it, I had enough in stock to start selling, so I then decided to get out and sell some of my items, but because of my back pain, it has been increasingly difficult to load and unload my vehicle for craft shows. I do not work outside of the home. I am hoping to try to do a few more in the future. I can sew whenever I am feeling up to it, which sometimes is at midnight or 4 in the morning. I have been sewing for a very long time. I started sewing in high school and over the years watched my mother do amazing things with fabric.

How did you come up with your shop name?
Due to my low income, I have made things for my home, myself and my children that I could not afford to purchase. I saved money and therefore the name "A Stitch in Time" seemed appropriate.

How would you describe your shop?
I have a lot of doll clothes in my shop right now, but am working on many other items to list. I have a lot of photographing to do, but will be listing my aprons and children's clothing soon.

What inspires you?
I am inspired by many of the sellers on Etsy. They have some amazing handmade items. They are so creative and talented.

Which item in your shop is your favorite to make/find?
My favorite items to make are the child and doll matching dresses. That is something I wanted so badly as a child and never got. Now I can make all the doll clothes I want. I have also made some mother daughter items.
  
If you were shipwrecked on a desert island, what are the 3 crafty must haves?
My 3 crafty must haves would be fabric, sewing machine and thread.

Where else can we find you?
www.facebook.com/pages/A-Stitch-in-Time/311178875607706
www.etsy.com/shop/vw53
www.wanelo.com/vw53
www.doyouetsy.com/profile/VictoriaWillame
www.influxshopping.com (vw53)
pinterest.com/vw53/

Is there anything else you would like to share? 
I will be giving away a free apron to one of the first 50 likes on my Facebook page "A Stitch in Time".

Thanks so much Vicky.  It has been great getting to know you and discovering your shop and your lovely items.

Now please show Vicky some support and let us know which of her pieces are your favorite from her shop! Oh...and go ahead and heart a few of her items along with her shop :)

Have a great week!





knitting yarns

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:43 PM

    I like the decorations on the doll outfits - they really dress each one up. My favorite dress is the red one with the black bow. The arm outstreched is as if it's saying "Take me home". Another favorite is the striped skirt w/ pastle top. The scale of the prints is just right size for the 18 inch dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the nice comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.....your comment will show up soon,,,