pin it

Friday, May 11, 2012

Featured Friday - CraftyBirdUK

I would like you to meet Michelle and her Etsy shop:  CraftyBirdUK.


If you love Steampunk, Goth, Emo, Curiosity Crafts & One of a Kind Keepsakes, Then you will love the items at CraftyBirdUK.

Let's get to know CraftyBirdUK and Michelle:

What would you like us to know about you?
I'm a married mum of 2 from the UK...I work from home whilst juggling home education and a husband who works 12 hour shifts, so life can be hectic...and never dull! It's a very fine balance which I'm trying to perfect ;)

I started crafting at a young age...quilling, metal jewellery making free form, lace making & knitting... think I've tried most crafts at some point in some form. My love for crafts was rekindled around 14 years ago when I joined a craft group and started to do cross stitching. From there I went on to make cards, and then designed them from scratch and actually sold my own craft CD & 3d sheets. I also made card samples for TV craft shows. More recently I've started jewelery making again so my shop is a mish mash of all things!
 
What prompted you to open an Etsy Shop?
I'd come across some wonderful shops on Etsy and a friend of mine recommended having my own.


How did you come up with your shop name?
It's from my event business name, although I may be updating it soon so it's more in line with the items I sell.

How would you describe your shop?
A varied shop which has unique items, some upcycled and repurposed, others made from scratch and designed by me personally from start to finish. I've got so many things to add to my shop, it's going to take a while to get them all on!


What inspires you?
Shapes, colours, living things....most recently objects inspire me, as I see potential in unloved items which I can give a new purpose or lease of life to...my current project is a metal mouse sculpture which is just begging to be steampunked and upcycled. I also love antique watch parts and feel like they are my precious eye candy!!!

Which item in your shop is your favorite to make/find?
Difficult one to answer! Do I have to have just one??!! LOL....If I had to choose one it would be my rainbow dragonfly steampunk necklace because it was my first steampunk piece. (For altered methods it would have to be my 52 Reasons Why cards and for gothic then my Beauty 1 & 2 cards followed closely by the gothic necklace. I only really make items that I like and could wear & use myself...in fact the 52 Reasons Why You're The Best Mum photos shown are those from my present to my Mum for Mother's Day which she adores)

If you were shipwrecked on a desert island, what are the 3 crafty must haves?
clock parts (if they count as crafty items)
jewellers glue
unlimited supply of metal ;)

Where else can we find you?
I'm on Twitter and Tumblr under my CraftyBird name - and wordpress I use for my events under CraftyBird (hence why I'll be changing my shop name soon!)

Is there anything else you would like to share?
Nope - thank you so much for having me!

I've now added a coupon  for 15% off use code DISCOUNT15

Thanks so much Michelle.  It has been great getting to know you and discovering your shop and your lovely items.

Now please show Michelle some support and let us know which of her pieces are your favorite from her shop! Oh...and go ahead and heart a few of her items along with her shop :)

Have a great weekend!







knitting yarns

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting.....your comment will show up soon,,,