pin it

Thursday, May 03, 2012

Fun Stuff to do - Knitting

I knit a lot...I have collected a lot of inspirations, ideas, patterns, tutorials etc.  There are a ton of great blogs out there.  So I thought that I would share a few with you today.  Now I just need about 12 more hours in the day so that I can get all of my work done and still have time to play with all these ideas!

Do you have a fun thing to do that you would like to share?  Just leave me a post or drop me a line and let me know.

(all photos are clickable links and will take you to the tutorial or original blog post) 

 

Learn to Knit Your First Scarf

Since this is my first post about knitting.  I thought we might start at the beginning.  VeryPink.com is a great website.  They have patterns and tutorials to teach you knitting right from the very start through knitting a sweater or gloves or many other things.

When you purchase their patterns, you also get links to detailed videos that walk you through each and every step.  I have taught people to knit and to expand their knitting with the help of their patterns and videos.  If you are interested in learning to knit, or to try out a new technique I highly recommend this website.


How to Make a Center Pull Ball  

Knits with Balls has a great tutorial that you are going to need. Once you learn to knit and someone takes you to a yarn store, and you get over the heart/wallet attack, you may end up with some hanks of yarn that need to be made into center pull ball.

Until you decide to invest in a ball winder, this is a great tutorial for making balls that don't roll across the house when you drop them.



New Stitch a Day

I found this other great site with lots of tutorials and they have lot of knit stitches tutorials and videos.  This site has a ton of stuff you can use as a new and experienced knitter



Ravelry

No discussion about knitting would be complete without mentioning Ravelry.  It is hard to describe without writing a book but here goes:  It is an internet site with everything for knitters, crocheters and others. You can track your projects, your yarn, your needles and hooks, your library and you can visits with others who enjoy the same activities.  That is a very short description. It is also a community of very nice friendly people.  I suggest you go visit, sign up and then take the Tour/Getting Started

Well,  I have many many more things to say about knitting and don't get me started on spinning, dyeing, crochet, needlepoint etc.

I think it will be fun to look for things to share...the more people I can get addicted to knitting, the better!  and if you do need yarn or fiber or knitting accessories, you are most welcome to come see my Etsy store at Lileesgramknits

Have fun!



knitting yarns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.....your comment will show up soon,,,