pin it

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Fun Stuff to Do


I have always loved to do crafts.  I remember being 8 or 9 and spending my allowance on a pad of stationary and envelopes so I could use my watercolors to paint things like rainbows on pages of paper and make matching envelopes to give to people as gifts and to write to my pen pal that lived in Illinois with.

Nowadays I spend most of my time with my fiber, but I occasionally get the urge to "create" something else.  I also like to look for things to do with my Granddaughter.  I find myself spending more time than I should on pinterest and just blog grazing, so I thought it was about time that I shared some of the cool stuff I found with you.

 (all photos are clickable links and will take you to the tutorial or original blog post) 

 


Friendship Bracelets

This Tutorial is from Michael Ann Made.  It has great photos and directions and would be a great way to use up that extra embroidery floss we all seem to have, or if you are a knitter, you could use those little leftover balls of sock yarn!





How to make boxes from paint swatches


If you love little boxes, and who doesn't?  This is a great tutorial from
How About Orange  The directions are clear and the photos are great.
I am looking forward to making some of these probably for Christmas stocking stuffers.








Happy Mail 


This is probably one of my favorite ideas.  I am a regular reader of Giverslog and Happy Mail  is such a great idea.

The idea is that if something weighs 13oz or less, that you can stick postage on just about anything and the good people of the USPS will mail it for you.

Take a look at this Flickr group to see other ideas to send some Happy Mail and cheer up someone's day!








Sharpie Tie-Dying 

I love this tutorial from Sun Scholars.

This is one of the things that my granddaughter and I did for Christmas presents this past year.  We even bought some plain white pillow cases and decorated them too.

They were a big hit with the family and Lilee (9) got to make her own presents to give everyone.  She got even more creative and added personal touches like I love you Mom and other sweet sentiments







Well,  I have many more fun, good ideas that I will try to share on a regular basis.  If you know of a good one leave me a comment or drop me a line and I will be happy to share it.

Have a good on y'all.


Tip Junkie handmade projects


knitting yarns

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:17 AM

    Lovely ideas! There are so many cool tutorials out there that it's hard to choose sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the feature teresa! you have a great site here, i love all the other ideas, especially that happy mail link! i will definitely be checking that out :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great round up! Sometimes simple projects are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list! I'm going to check out Happy Mail right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I love these ideas - they are all so simple & do-able :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definitely be using these ideas with the kids this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! I'm just stopping by from Sew Many Ways linky party. Thanks for the great ideas, especially the Happy Mail. Love that! I just started following you on Pinterest too. Please come visit my blog if you have a moment. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I will go visit you now

      Delete

Thanks for commenting.....your comment will show up soon,,,